Tag Archives: art
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Today kicks off our first art blog hop. I hope you will consider joining in. Jana announced the theme last week, so everyone would have a week to work on their pieces. The theme was to create a picture of your backyard in bloom in honor of spring using the media of your choice. As she said last week, this is not a piece to spend days on (unless you are inspired to take the piece further). This is basically an online art journal to get your creative juices flowing. If you missed the theme last week, please still feel free to post a link to your website and you can join in anytime.
The Rules: (They’re pretty flexible. As artists, rules are something we don’t like to stick to!)
- This blog hop is for Art related blogs. Fine arts, crafts, scrapbooking, etc. are all welcome. If you’ve got a creative blog and want to participate, feel free.
- Enter the title and link to your blog by clicking the link below.
- Check out the other blogs and follow them through Facebook, Twitter, Google Friend Connect, etc.
- There will be a new topic each week. Join in the fun to show your readers your creativity.
- Consider posting my blog hop button to share this hop with other bloggers.
*NEXT WEEK’S TOPIC: If you would like to join in the blog hop, the topic for next week is to create a word picture. Select a word that brings to mind a mental picture and draw it as the shape or concept of that word. For example, draw the word apple in the shape of an apple, or apples spelling out the word.
THIS WEEK’S PIECE
There is nothing blooming in my yard yet, but this tree is close. As I was sketching the leaves and buds, I felt like I was being watched. I turned my head to see my three chickens checking me out; they seemed very interested in my art, but were probably just wondering why I wasn’t giving them any yummy treats. They are quite spoiled! I took the opportunity to sketch Georgia, as she was calm and still. Chickens don’t normally make very obliging models. I had fun, and am looking forward to next week’s assignment.